Updates on Statue Of Equality
It is already 2016! The 1000 year birth anniversary of Sri Ramanujacharya is just 18 months away!
The plan for Sri Ramanuja Sahasrabdi was changed twice, to suit the needs of future requirements. Now, the final design is complete, and a walk-thru video is being created to explain the final plan. It will be released in 15 days, along with new details and information to bring all of you up to speed and keep you updated.
The project has been divided into 3 phases:
Phase 1 – Dedicating Ramanuja Statue to the world in 2017
Phase 2 – Construction of Divya Desams
Phase 3 – Adding technology to depict inspiring historic incidents from life of Ramanujacharya
Initially, an announcement was made inviting all devotees to offer their one month’s salary for the project. Their names will be incorporated into the the design of the project in the designated area.
In addition, we have also decided to offer another way for devotees to contribute to the construction of the statue. It was calculated that each square inch of Ramanujacharya’s statue is worth Rs. 1,16,000.
All who are interested may also contribute in this manner.
The Chinese manufacturing company responsible for the construction of Sri Ramanuja Sahasrabdi Statue has created a prototype, to scale of 1/10th of the original. The model was inspected by HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji, Dr. Rameswar Rao garu and the rest of the Sahasrabdi team at the end of October, 2015. A total of 14 corrections were noted, addressed, and rectified.
- For the initial construction, and to complete the first milestone, a total of Rs. 14.4 crores was sent to the company in November 2015.
- Now it is time for the second milestone: finish the actual construction of the Divine Statue, worth another 14.4 crores. The company has promised to deliver the material for erection starting from July 2016 in Shamshabad, and finish the installation by March/April 2017.
- Currently, HH Ahobila Jeeyar Swami is touring the United States. Many devotees are showing interest and enthusiasm in promoting the project. As part of the awareness and fundraising program, JET Dallas coordinators have planned the ‘Raganjali’ program in September 2016, for which JET USA is making all the required arrangements. Approximately 1000 children and adults are putting in considerable effort to sing the praises of Sri Ramanujacharya in the form of 15 to 20 songs. Plans are being made to expand the event to include participation for many other organizations. Further details will soon be announced by JET USA and VT SEVA.
So, it is high time to make arrangements before the arrival of the materials for Sri Ramanujacharya’s statue in Sri Ram Nagar.
What needs to be done before the arrival?
- Construction of the Bhadrapeetam: The platform on which the Lotus and Sri Ramanujacharya will sit upon must be constructed, and made ready for the installation by July.
- Statistics: The height of the Bhadrapeetam is 57 feet, with 1.5 lakh square feet area. It will also display exhibits depicting the life history of Sri Ramanujacharya. The estimated cost to construct the peetam is Rs.30 crores.
The Action Plan:
It is high time for all interested devotees to participate in and promote this divine project. Any amount donated now will directly go into the construction and erection of Sri Ramanuja’s Statue. We invite the attention of all devotees to make use of the time in the best way possible. We know there are many people who are interested, if awareness is brought to them. But there is a requirement of one to take lead, reach them and spread the word! Let us all make the best use of the time available and contribute to the Statue of Equality.
Time is flying! Hurry Up!
Contact Information :
JIVA Campus, Sri Ramanagaram, Muchintal Road,
Palmakol P.O.Samshabad, HYDERABAD 509325
Contact: 9553549971, 72