The Statue Of Equality Project is a dedication to the great icon of Equality, Sri Ramanujacharya Swamy. He created ripples in the society 1000 years ago with His revolutionary thoughts and brought the neglected on the same platform on par with the elite when the society was gripped with social evils of untouchability and class-based discrimination. He was the first one to bring the down-trodden into temples and give the “Ashtakshari Manthra” to the common man, denying all odds.
This 1000 crore project was conceptualized in the year 2014. The Statue of Equality will be constructed adjacent to JIVA Asramam in Sriramnagar, Samshabad, Hyderabad, India.
- The Statue of Equality will be made of Pancha Loha (Combinations of 5 Metals).
- The statue will be surrounded by 108 Divya Desas which will be built in stone, rich with ornate architectural detailing.
- Audio guides in at least 5 languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil etc will be provided to all visitors explaining the history of each of these temples.
- An educational gallery with state of art technology will be setup exhibiting the inspiring incidents from the life of Bhagavad Ramanujacharya.
- A gold deity of Bhagavad Ramanujacharya weighing 120 kgs representing the number of years He lived in this world, will be installed in the Dhyana mandiram (meditation hall).
- An Omnimax theatre will be constructed to screen highly educational and culturally significant short movies about the secrets of the Universe as recorded in our Vedic scriptures.
- The entire site will be environment friendly, with highly sophisticated security features on par with international standards.
Statue of Equality will serve as:
- Reminder of services Sri Ramanujacharya performed.
- Celebrate equality.
- Pass on greatness of our tradition to posterity.
- Induce positive attitude amidst people for generations to come.
- Bring livelihood and improve living conditions to a few districts of people in the area.
- Bring revenue to India via tourism for years to come.
- Create a new landmark on the world map.
Statue of Equality Project Location
Located in the scenic Muchintal Sriramnagar village, Divya Saketam is around 40kms from Hyderabad. It lies amidst the 45 acres of JIVA Campus which houses the Vedic school, Homeopathy Medical College, JIMS hospital, Swamiji’s Ashram, a Go Shala that houses 300 cows and calves, beautiful gardens, temples and 5 acres of playground where the devotees enjoy and learn under the divine spiritual guidance of HH Swamiji. JIVA offers the ideal peaceful, holistic and serene environment required for spiritual development.
The project has been divided into 3 phases:
Phase 1 – Dedication of Ramanuja Statue weighing 1140 metric tons to the world in 2017. The statue will be installed on Bhadravedi. Also, consecrating gold deity of Ramanuja Swamy weighing 120 kgs and building of the unique musical fountain are included in this phase.
Phase 2 – Construction of 108 models of Divya Desams.
Phase 3 – Implementation of state of art technology to depict inspiring historic incidents from life of Ramanujacharya and a self-guided tour
Total Estimate of the project is approximately Rs.1000 crores.
Phase 1 – The estimated cost of constructing the Statue is approximately Rs. 216 crores.
1. For the initial construction, a total of Rs. 14.4 crores was sent to the Chinese company in November 2015.
2. A second installment of Rs 18.80 crores was sent to the company in February 2016.
3. A third installment of Rs 32.00 crores has to sent to the Chinese company before the arrival of their team in July 2016.
4.It is estimated that 60 crores is required for construction of a 57 feet tall structure with 1.5 lakh square feet area – Bhadra Vedi, a very strong and heavy foundation, to support the weight of the Ramanuja Swamy statue weighing 1100 tons.
5. Installation of a Unique Musical Fountain – 25 crores